If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tender, juicy steak fillets even better than you can get at a steakhouse. —Riley Wofford
- 4 (8 ounce) steak fillets
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons herbs de provence
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place a large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Brush the steaks with the vegetable oil and season on both sides with salt, pepper, and the herbs de Provence. Sear the steaks for about 2 minutes per side, until a golden brown crust forms. Top each steak with 1 tablespoon of butter and transfer to the oven. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes, until the steaks register 130°F on a meat thermometer for medium-rare. Transfer the steaks to a plate, tent with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.