If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delicious? No, addictive! Next to fried chicken Mac and Cheese is a runway favorite of kids and adults alike. An all American classic. The secret is the Dijon mustard, which brings out the cheesy taste and keeps it from being bland. You will never need another recipe for macaroni and cheese. —simply 123 allergy free
pound of gluten free elbow macaroni Note: I like to use either the Schars or Bonavita which are both made from corn and stay firm when cooked.
cups of shredded cheddar cheese alternative Note: I like to use either the Daiya or Veggie brands.
tablespoons all purpose gluten free flour
teaspoons Dijon mustard
cups non dairy milk
tablespoons Earth Balance ( butter alternative; gluten, soy and dairy free)
salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray or grease a casserole dish with either the Earth Balance or Glick's cooking spray which is gluten, soy and dairy free.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions and drain well.
- While the macaroni is cooking combine 1 1/2 cups of the cheese, flour, mustard, salt and pepper. Combine with the cooked macaroni. Add the non dairy milk and pour into the prepared casserole dish.
- Top with the remaining cheese alternative and dot with the Earth Balance. (This step is optional.)
- Cook for 45 minutes or until firm and golden brown. Let sit for 10 minutes to firm up prior to serving.