- Serves 6-8
This is a great cold weather comfort food. It comes from a standard lasagna recipe, but made some changes to the meat and cheese, and replaced the sugar. —Uncle Ben
What You'll Need
hot italian sausage
shredded buffalo mozeralla cheese
grated parmesan cheese
yellow onion, chopped
cloves garlic, chopped
basil leaves, chopped
oregano leaves, chopped
wheat lasagna noodles
whole canned tomatoes
- Cook sausage, onion, and garlic is a skillet until sausage is no longer pink. Drain the juice if you want to be healthy, leave it in if you want more flavor.
- Add the basil, 2 tablespoons parsley, honey, whole tomatoes (cut them into inch long pieces with kitchen scissors) and tomato sauce. Simmer uncovered until sauce thickens -- should take 30-45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook lasagna noodles (it helps to add olive oil to the boiling water).
- Mix ricotta cheese with 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, oregano, and 2 tablespoons parsley.
- Once sauce is finished, put 1/2 the sauce into a rectangular baking dish (13 x 9 x 2 -- or something close to it). Then layer on 4 noodles. Spread on 1/2 the ricotta cheese mixture on the noodles. Repeat this step again, and put the remaining 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before you serve.