If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is for lazy Sunday mornings when you have a craving for the richness of eggs and cheese but the desire for other savory treats. —Loree Bryanna McDonald
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 piece Bread
- 6 asparagus spears
- 1/4 cup uncooked breakfast sausage
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- 2 eggs
- Prep asparagus by chopping into 1.5 inch pieces (snapping off the bottom bits)
- Melt 2 Tbs of butter into the pan
- Add prepped asparagus into pan with pepper (no salt is needed, as it will come from the goat cheese and sausage)
- Once asparagus has been cooked through, remove from pan (no more than 5 minutes - the asparagus will be bright green and soft to bite into) leaving the butter
- Dip both sides of bread into the butter and toast the bread into the pan
- Once toasted, remove from pan and add sausage
- While sausage is cooking, spread goat cheese onto bread and top with cooked asparagus
- When sausage has been cooked through, remove from pan and place on top of asparagus atop the toast
- Melt remaining butter in pan and cook eggs to desired preference (fried or or sunny-side up are my preference) careful not too add much salt
- Once eggs are cooked, place atop the sausage and enjoy