If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I sum this recipe up as "pine forest in a mug". This wintry creamer is packed with the fresh and bright flavors of fragrant Frazier Fir and has the subtle sweetness of coconut sugar. The best part -- if you haven't tossed your Christmas tree yet, snag a few branches, rinse them off and get to work on this recipe! (Or just go foraging in the nearest wooded area.) It's so easy! —Tiffany
Makes 1 cup of creamer
cup half & half or heavy cream
cup coconut sugar (or regular sugar)
small handful of Frazier Fir pine needles
- In a small pot, combine half & half, coconut sugar and pine needles.
- Slowly bring to a simmer and then reduce heat, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat, cover and let steep for 1 hour.
- Strain into a jar or other container to remove the needles.
- Add 1-2 tbsp. to your coffee or tea right away, or refrigerate in an airtight container. This creamer will last about 2 weeks if properly stored.