Author Notes: I sum this recipe up as "pine forest in a mug". This wintry creamer is packed with the fresh and bright flavors of fragrant Frazier Fir and has the subtle sweetness of coconut sugar. The best part -- if you haven't tossed your Christmas tree yet, snag a few branches, rinse them off and get to work on this recipe! (Or just go foraging in the nearest wooded area.) It's so easy! —Tiffany
Makes: 1 cup of creamer
cup half & half or heavy cream
cup coconut sugar (or regular sugar)
small handful of Frazier Fir pine needles
- In a small pot, combine half & half, coconut sugar and pine needles.
- Slowly bring to a simmer and then reduce heat, stirring occasionally for 2 minutes until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat, cover and let steep for 1 hour.
- Strain into a jar or other container to remove the needles.
- Add 1-2 tbsp. to your coffee or tea right away, or refrigerate in an airtight container. This creamer will last about 2 weeks if properly stored.