If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: ground chicken kebabs studded with fresh pomegranate arils, spices and saffron. —Coffee and Crumpets
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- ½ small onion, medium dice
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon salt
- generous pinch saffron
- handful chopped mint
- 1 cup oil to fry
- Mix everything together and shape into patties.
- You can make the mix ahead and chill in the fridge until ready to cook.
- Wet your hands with some water before shaping, makes it easier.
- If you're frying the patties, pour a a thin layer of oil in a fry pan and shallow fry the patties till lightly browned on both sides.
- They will take barely 5-7 minutes.
- If you want to broil them, lay them on a baking tray and broil till firm and lightly browned, about 12 to 15 minutes.