If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A hearty and satisfying vegan stew that will warm you up from the inside out. You can keep this on your stove all winter long! —tingroo
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage leaves
- 1 large zucchini
- 1/2 cup cremini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 28 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 15 ounce cans of cannellini beans
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- In a dutch oven or medium stock pot, heat oil over a medium-high heat till it is shimmering. Add garlic and sage leaves and cook and stir for about 1 minute to allow the flavors to infuse with the oil.
- Add onions along with a pinch of salt and saute till onions have softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots and saute another 5 minutes, then add peppers and zucchini and saute another 3-5 minutes, and finally add mushrooms along with all the spices and saute for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, beans, soy sauce, and vegetable broth, bring to a boil and simmer for 45 minutes. Half way through, stir, taste, and adjust for seasoning. Serve immediately with a slice of good, crusty bread. This tastes even better the next day!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal