If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lets face it, we’re busy and we don’t always have time to make dinner. Time to dust off your slow-cooker! This recipe couldn’t be easier and it will set you up for easy soup later on. —Susan E. Levy
Serves 4 plus leftovers.
- 1 whole chicken, 4-5 pounds
- 1 large onion
- 3 tablespoons combined of your favorite dried herbs/spices
- Rinse and dry chicken.
- Roughly chop onion and place in bottom of slow-cooker.
- Combine herbs and spices in a small bowl and gently rub on chicken.
- Place chicken in slow-cooker on top of onions. Set on low for 3-8 hours depending on your appliance.
- Before serving, drain the broth and save for soup.
- Per 3.5 oz serving: 177 calories, 27g protein, 0 carbohydrates, 7g fat (2g sat, 4g mono/poly), 83mg cholesterol, 0g fiber, 70mg sodium
- Seasoned Cook - For a savory bird, add ½ a lemon in the cavity and choose spices such as thyme, sage and basil. For a Latin flare, use chili powder, cayenne pepper, paprika and cumin as pictured here.
- Cook Once,Eat Twice - Save leftover chicken and broth for soup.