I decided to make a stew out of leftover leg of lamb and roasted potatoes from New Year's Eve. —Drew
- Makes enough for a meal for two with leftovers, plus an additional meal to stash in the freezer.
white beans, dried
medium onion, chopped
small carrots, chopped
roast leg of lamb, cut into chunks.
whole roasted small potatoes, cut into quarters
canned diced tomatoes
In This Recipe
- Soak beans in water overnight.
- Heat the oil in a large stew pot or Dutch oven. Add the onions and carrots and cook until they start to soften, 6-8 minutes.
- Move onions and carrots to the side in the pan and add lamb. Cook for a couple minutes in the oil.
- Now add the potatoes, beans, vegetable stock and bay leaves to the pot. Add water until beans are covered by about an inch of water.
- Simmer the stew until the beans are just cooked. Then add tomatoes, cumin, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue to simmer until much of the liquid burns off and the stew has a nice, thick consistency. Taste for seasonings and serve with rice.