If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A recipe based on an original by Sibpan Sonakul, she suggests that other fruits such as rambutans, mangosteens and lansad, can also be use used instead of rose petals. This recipe demonstrates that Thai cookery is not bound by particular ingredients, in fact a large variety of seasonal ingredients and endless combinations may be used successfully in a given dish. Salads should be dressed at the very last minute just before serving, to preserve the integrity of each ingredient. —siamesecooking
For the salad
- 1 chicken breast, boiled and torn into long pieces
- 1 handful prawns, blanched and refreshed
- 3 shallots, sliced lengthways, deep fried
- 2 handfuls white rose petals, gently washed and dried
- freshly roasted peanuts, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Thai roasted chili paste
- fish sauce
- castor sugar
- lime juice
- DRESSING- Work the roasted chili paste in a pestle and mortar add fish sauce, sugar and lime juice, mix well to combine without any lumps,taste and adjust seasoning.
- COMBINE- In a bowl add all of the other ingredients, adding the delicate rose petals last dress with the dressing, gently toss to combine and serve immediately, garnished with rose petals.