If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I made chili tonight for dinner. I made it with extra lean ground beef but I have made it many times with ground turkey and so that is also an option. —Katheryn's Kitchen
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef or some other ground meat, like turkey or chicken.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 cup corn, fresh, frozen or canned
- 1 cup canned black beans
- 1- 14 ounces can diced tomatoes with juices
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 jalopeno pepper seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup agave or other sweetner
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese for garnish
- 1/2 cup sour cream for garnish
- Heat a medium large pot on medium high heat, add oil, then add onions and sweet pepper(not the jalapeno pepper yet), cook until soft, for about 5 minutes. Now add the ground meat. Continue to cook on medium high heat until meat cooked through.
- Now add the corn, black beans, diced tomato with juices, 2 cups of tomato sauce, 1 cup of salsa, 3 tablespoons of chili powder, jalapeno(if using), agave syrup and salt. Mix well, bring up to a simmer then turn the heat down to low and continue to simmer for about 20 minutes. Taste and change the seasoning if you so wish.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheese, even some green onion is nice as a topping. You might also want to serve some fresh bread or buns.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal