If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delicate Duck Dish Served at Indigo Kitchen as an Appetizer —Lance Knowling
- 4 duck leg quarters
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 4 ounces liquid smoke flavoring (optional)
- 3 cups barbecue sauce (your choice)
- Rub duck with vinegar
- Mix together cumin, chili, onion powder, garlic powder, and mustard (BBQ spice mix)
- Season duck with salt and pepper and BBQ spice mix, rub in well
- Place duck in a smoker, bone side down and cook about 2 1/2 to 3 hours at 275° - 300°
- Meat should be tender, almost falling off the bone. Let cool at least 1 hour
- Brush the meat with BBQ sauce and cook over and grill over open flame just until the sauce caramelizes and skin is crispy (do not burn)
- Let meat cool for 15 minutes and separate meat from the bone by pulling shreds
- Chop meat in about 1 inch sections and toss in a pan on the stove with barbecue sauce til warm and serve over corn cakes or in a flour tortillas