If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Growing up my Grandfather always had a garden. His garden always produced a lot of zucchini. So he would get creative on adding zucchini to so many meals. This recipe is based on my Grandpa Chuck's quick and easy Minestrone soup recipe. —Gastronomicdiva
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 Medium sized onion (small dice)
- 1 pound Ground turkey
- 1 Box (32 ounces) chicken or vegetable stock ( you can also use fresh stock as well)
- 1/3 cup Dried pasta ( preferable tri color spirals or macaroni)
- 2 medium size carrot (sliced)
- 2 medium size zucchini (sliced)
- 2 stalks of celery ( sliced)
- 1 can ( 15 oz) or cannelini or kidney beans ( rinsed)
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 cup grated Parmesan or Pecorino ( for garnish)
- Place a medium size pot on stove at medium heat. Add olive oil.
- Once olive oil is heated add minced garlic and onions and stir till they turn translucent.
- Then add ground turkey ( add salt and pepper to taste) break up the turkey with a fork and stir occasionally until ground turkey is cooked.
- Add 32 oz can of peeled, whole tomatoes. Break apart tomato's with a fork.
- Add 32 oz box of chicken or vegetable stock. Cover the pot with lid and let stock come to a boil.
- Once stock comes to a boil, remove lid, add pasta and cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Turn down heat to medium/medium low. Stir and add sliced carrots and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir and add sliced zucchini and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir and add sliced celery.
- Stir and add can of cooked cannelini beans or cooked kidney beans. ( make sure you thoroughly rinse off the beans first)
- Cover the pot with lid and simmer for about 5-8 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve into bowls and sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
More Great Recipes: