If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious and addicting cake made of out almond and pistachio flours. So good, it will make you forget that there is no gluten in it! —Amanda
Serves 8 - 10 ppl
- 1 1/3 cups unsalted, shelled pistachio nuts
- 1 1/3 cups almond meal/flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 orange, zested
- 3/4 cup coconut oil at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter or spray a 9" bundt pan (You can use the cake pan of your choice, however depending on the size and depth it will change the cook time.)
- In a food processor, pulse pistachios until finely ground. In a medium size bowl, add pistachios, almond flour/meal, potato starch, sorghum, baking soda and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- Add sugar and grated zest from lemon and orange to a bowl of a stand mixer. With your hands gently combine until the texture of the sugar looks like coarse sand. Add the coconut oil and combine with a paddle attachment. Once completely combined, add eggs one at a time. Once eggs are incorporated add vanilla extract and applesauce and blend until combined. Add the flour mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepard bundt or cake pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
More Great Recipes: