If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This wonderful simple soup will fill your house with the aromas of Spain. —TammyRenea
- 1 3/4 cups lentils
- 1 chorizo (9 oz), sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon Spanish paprika
- Olive oil for sautéing
- Salt to taste
- Wash lentils.
- Place lentils, chorizo, whole garlic cloves, carrots, and potatoes in a large pot.
- Pour water atleast 3 fingers over total.
- Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer. Let cook uncovered stirring occasionally.
- Fry onions in a pan with olive oil until slightly browned, then add Spanish paprika.
- Add onions to the pot of lentils.
- Salt to taste.
- Cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove the cloves of garlic, squeeze garlic from its skin and mash. Return to the pot.