If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sometimes I just need to make a whole chicken.. And then we butcher it, and eat it, and stare at the carcass for a while. Throw that carcass in a pot, cover it with water, boil it down, drain out the liquids, scoop the fat off the top, pick through the bones for good meat, and make something crazy. Dumplings are a Depression era food so that sounded good.. and with no milk in hand, we made the dumplings and the soup stock with sour cream. It lent a nice bite to it that I was just so impressed by. —cookingwithleftovers
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken meat
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 onion
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 carrot
- 1 garlic clove
- 15 dumplings
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- Cook up the onion, celery, carrot, garlic, for a bit in a stock pot with oil.
- Add the stock and the water. Season and cook for a few minutes.
- Mix up the dumpling ingredients and make into small balls. Makes about 15.
- Drop the dumplings in the soup, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.