If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sometimes we like an all-American breakfast for our dinner. This night we decided to have cheese-scrambled eggs with bacon and a toasted jalapeno-cheddar roll. —Tom and Anita Morgan
- 4-6 organic, pasture raised eggs
- Splash of milk
- 1 green jalapeno, seeded and chopped medium
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped medium
- 2 green onions, whites and greens, sliced ¼”
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated large
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped medium
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 4-6 slices of bacon
- With a whisk, mix the milk in with the eggs and whisk until blended.
- Grate the cheese and add to the egg mixture. Set aside to warm while cooking veggies.
- Chop the jalapeno, tomato, green onions, and red Bell pepper.
- Heat a lightly oiled 10” cast iron pan then add the veggie mixture and red pepper flakes and sauté over medium low heat until starting to soften, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the egg mixture and the salt and pepper. Cook until the eggs have the desired stiffness.
- Serve on heated plates with fried thick cut bacon and toasted jalapeno-cheddar rolls or what have you on hand. Of course any bacon and toast can be substituted.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe