by: Eddie B
January 10, 2014
- Serves 4
easy one pot (cast iron) recipe that take less then hour of prep and cook and is delicious. —Eddie B
What You'll Need
salt and pepper or to taste
Riesling Wine (or whatever white you like)
- Place cast iron on Medium heat and spray nonstick or a tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- Dice up 1/3-1/2 white onion, 2 cloves of garlic and sauté until tender. Remove onions and garlic from heat and set aside.
- Lightly salt and pepper 2 chicken breast and slice them approx 3/4" thick at an angle into smaller pieces. (Approx 4 pieces per breast). Lightly brown each side and remove from heat. Chicken will be half way cooked.
- Add 2 cups water, with 2 dissolved chicken bouillon cubes (or use chicken broth). 2.5 teaspoon of flour whisked into bullion mix. 1/2 cup of Riesling wine. Pour into heated pan; add 1/2 cup sour cream, 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (to taste) and whisk until mixed well until cheese melts (no clumps, will thicken as it cooks).
- Reduce heat to medium low then re-add onions and garlic
- Cut up approx 2 cups of veggies (broccoli, sweet peppers, baby carrots, corn) into bite size pieces (not to small). Add into broth. Place chicken back in cast skillet and make sure they are covered by gravy mixture. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked all the way through.
- Add 1.5-2 cups of leaf spinach (cut off stems). Cook for 1-2 minutes until spinach is tender. Place chicken over rice or small pastas and spoon sauce over.
See what other Food52ers are saying.