If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A thanksgiving day pie to celebrate the harvest of fall fruits. A great end to a heavy meal with just the perfect amount of tart and sweet flavor. —Brenda Smith
- 4 tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 quart frozen raspberries
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon each cinnamon,nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 pie crusts one in pie pan and one for top
- In a large saucepan place apple's, berries, sugar,flour into pan and cook for about 10 - 15 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat add spices and orange peel and stir to combine.
- In a prepared pie shell pour filling in then top with a crust and seal edges,place slits onto top crust. Place into 350 pre-heated oven for about 45 minutes or until crust is lightly browned and filling is bubbly. Serve with scoop of French vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.