If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I like this because it cooks slowly all day and the house smells wonderful. It tastes great also. —Brenda Smith
Serves 4-6 people
- 1 3# chicken washed and cleaned
- 1 quart carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 stalks celery cut into chunks
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon each salt,pepper,rosemary,sage,parsley
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 chicken stock
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour milk or milk w/ tsp vinegar to sour
- Into large crock pot place chicken,spices,vegetables,cream soup mixed with chicken stock. If you don't have a crock pot use a large cooking pot with lid and cook in oven for 4 hours on 325 until chicken falls off bones.When chicken is cooked remove to platter, cool until you can handle it.Remove skin and bones then return meat to pot with broth and vegetables.Bring to a boil in crock pot or on stovetop.
- Prepare dumplings with all ingredients listed.Drop by TB s or roll dough and cut out like biscuits.Drop into hot bubbly broth prepared in first step.Place lid onto pot and cook for 20-30 minutes until dough is cooked.Serve in large bowls placing dumpling in bowl and ladle chicken,gravy and vegetables.