If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is THE ultimate comfort food!!! Serve over rice or noodles with crusty garlic French bread, salad and a glass of wine... —Caroline
- 1 or 2 1 Elk or 2 Deer Inside straps, sliced bite-size
- 1 lg. sweet onion, diced
- 1 lg. green pepper, diced
- 4-6 slices smoked bacon, sliced bite-size
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1 cup milk
- 2-4 splashes worchestershire sauce
- 2-4 garlic cloves, minced
- salt, pepper,& paprika to taste
- In lg. pot or Dutch oven, cook off bacon and elk or deer meat til desired doneness, remove, set aside. throw veggies and garlic in same pan and cook til tender, return meat.
- In separate bowl mix both soups with the one cup of milk, worchestershire, and spices, mix well, pour over meat and veggies and heat through. (I actually add about a tablespoon of sugar to mine, but that is a personal preference) Heat through, stirring frequently. Serve over rice or noodles
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best One-Pot Meal
More Great Recipes: