If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love citrus fruits of all sorts, but I think limes get passed over a little too often. These cookies have a lovely light lime flavour and the white chocolate gives a chocolate fix without taking the show.
About the Persian Lime olive oil: Though I live in a small city, we are lucky to have a specialty oil and vinegar shop that sells infused extra virgin olive oils. My favourite is their Persian Lime infused extra virgin olive oil and after falling in love with it in salads and savoury dishes, I wanted to try it in something sweet. And who doesn't love cookies? —Sylvia9000
Makes: 24 cookies
cup Persian lime olive oil
zest of 1 lime, grated finely
cup white sugar
cup brown sugar
teaspoon medium grain sea salt
cup best quality white chocolate, chopped into nice chunks
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment.
- Mix until blended the oil, zest and sugars. Blend in eggs.
- In a separate bowl, stir together flour, salt and soda. Add to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Drop on prepared cookie sheets in balls the size of an egg yolk.
- Bake for 12 minutes (rotating halfway) or until edges are just turning golden and cookies are puffed up and crackling on top. Cool on wire rack.