If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An all time favorite Italian desert, here a light and easy recipe. Come and visit at http://figandlemon.wordpress.com. Thank you! —Kenza Saadi
- 18 Savoiardi (lady fingers)
- 2 cups Espresso coffee
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar
- 1 cup Mascarpone cheese
- High quality 100% cacao powder
- Prepare two cups of espresso coffee and let it cool down.
- In a bowl, beat three eggs whites stiff.
- In a larger bowl, beat the yolk of three eggs and a little bit less than half a cup of brown sugar until the color becomes a bit lighter. Add one cup of Mascarpone and beat until smooth.
- Mix gently the egg whites with the other mixture.
- In a large and deep serving plate, or in individual ones, place a layer of Savoiardi each dipped lightly in the espresso. Pour half of the egg and Mascarpone mixture. Add another layer of Savoiardi dipped in espresso. Finish with the rest of the mixture.
- Cover tightly and place in the fridge for 24 hours. Leave it in the fridge until just before serving.
- Just before serving, powder with high quality 100% cocoa powder using a small sieve. Enjoy!
More Great Recipes: Desserts