If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Created to commemorate the first visit by the Japanese Consulate to the US Embassy in 1860, which is why it is called the Japanese yet contains no Japanese ingredients. Adapted from Jerry Thomas, How To Mix Drinks, 1862. —Good Food Awards
- 2 ounces brandy
- 1/2 ounce Small Hand Foods Orgeat
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Stir all ingredients over ice in a chilled pint glass for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Twist a piece of lemon zest over the top of the drink, rub it around the rim and drop it into the glass.
More Great Recipes: Cocktails