If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I discovered Kale last summer...a little late to the game. I had tried it several times and had had mixed experiences. The times I loved it, I really loved it, so I decided to come up with my own salad recipe to give this healthy green a permanent place in my diet. —Morgan Shaw DiOrio
- 2 bunches Kale
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 Red Honeycrisp Apple, diced
- 1//4 cups Nakano Rice Vinegar, Garlic Flavor
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 cups water or chicken broth
- Cook the quinoa by bringing 1 cup quinoa and 2 cups water to a boil, then simmer for 15min. If you want extra flavor, you can use chicken broth or a bullion cube in the water. Set aside to cool.
- Wash the kale and pull the leafs off the stem (you can save the stems for juicing!). Stack or roll leafs so that you can chop them into fine strips. Put the chopped Kale into a large salad bowl.
- Add the quinoa (it is alright if it is still warm as it helps to break down the kale), chopped apple, and cheese to the kale. Toss with olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens