If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Infact, filthy doesn’t quite cut it.
Thick slabs of sticky, chewy, salty, sweet, chocolatey layers to be baked, chilled and demolished. Dieters and health-nuts look away now. These bad boys are for those looking for the ultimate sweet-fix, comfort food and indulgent moment. —Abby
Makes 15-20 squares
- 400g Ritz or other Salted Crackers
- 180g unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 jar Lotus Biscuit Butter Spread
- 300g Dark Chocolate
- 300g White Chocolate
- 410g can Evaporated Milk
- 150g Pecan Nuts
- 100g Shredded Coconut
- Melt the butter and golden syrup in the microwave for around 30 seconds until warm and runny. Bash the Ritz crackers in their bags with a rolling pin until all biscuits have been broken into fine crumbs. Add the Ritz crumbs to your butter and syrup mix and stir well. Pour this mixture into your lined tray and push down firmly using a spatula or clean hands to create a flat smooth, buttery, biscuit base.
- This step is entirely optional but adds another layer of caramelised, biscuity-ness. Take one jar of Lotus biscuit butter (this stuff is essentially what dreams are made of and is a great to have on hand when life gets c**p– stick a finger in and lick for an instant fix. Healing powers in a jar. I digress…) Remove lid and place in the microwave for around 20 seconds on a low heat until the spread becomes slightly runnier, be careful not to burn it. Pour over your cracker base as evenly as possible. For the next layer chop your dark and white chocolate into small chips or chunks and sprinkle into your tin making sure you have an even spread of white and dark chocolate. Repeat with the pecan nuts.
- Pour a can of evaporated milk in a saucepan and heat gently on a low heat until it becomes thin and runny. Pour as evenly as you can into the tray over your nutty, chocolaty layers. Finish with a generous sprinkling of coconut shavings and place in the oven for 40 minutes or until a pale golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and cool before placing in the fridge to chill completely. When cold and set, remove and slice into slabs as large as you dare. Eat as is or if life calls for it, add to a bowl with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and hot salted caramel sauce. All is good with the world again.