If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fresh, green and earthy. Highlights the best of seasonal eating! For a more beautiful presentation, make with whole baby Shitake mushrooms. —Sarah O'Keefe
- 1 large bunch Lacinato kale
- 1 cup sliced Shitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano cheese
- if possible 2013 Autumn Harvest Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- sea salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Put sliced mushrooms in a glass pan and mix in 3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle of sea salt and pepper. Roast in preheated 425 degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove stem and tear Lacinato into bite-sized pieces. Put in bowl and with hands massage 1/4 tsp. salt into Lacinato until bright green.
- Once Shitake have cooled, mix into Lacinato. Add walnuts, cranberries and Parmigiano. Generously add and season to taste with lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil and pepper. Remember, salt has already been added.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
More Great Recipes: Salads