If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My Mousse au Chocolat has all the finer qualities of a sumptuous mousse. Bittersweet chocolate rubs against an unexpected but perfect match, olive oil, thick and nutty with a little espresso. The olive oil adds something to the chocolate that is hard to describe but so easy to enjoy. If you try to imagine it you won’t even get close to it, you just have to feel and taste it in your mouth! —Meike Peters | eat in my kitchen
- 3.5 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 2 ounces butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2.5 ounces sugar
- 6 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 teaspoon espresso
- a pinch salt
- Mix the melted butter, chocolate, olive oil and espresso.
- Beat the egg whites together with the salt.
- Beat the egg yolks and the sugar and mix together with the chocolate mixture.
- Stir 2 spoons of the stiff egg whites under the chocolate mixture. Stir the rest of the egg whites under the mixture as well, carefully, to preserve the light fluffiness.
- Fill into 4 forms and cool in the fridge for at least 3 hours.