If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a glorious combination of lentils, smoked fish, lemon and freshly grated horseradish. The radish is so spicy that it crawls up my nose which is great to balance out the smoked fish and the unshakeable red lentils, steady and strong, untouched by all these strong companions! —Meike Peters | eat in my kitchen
- 1.5 cups red lentils, rinsed
- 3 cups broth
- 2 onions, chopped
- juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- 3-4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons chives, chopped
- fresh horseradish, grated
- salt and pepper
- olive oil for frying
- Heat a little oil in a large pot and fry the onions for a couple minutes.
- Add the lentils, the broth, lemon juice and zest and some ground pepper (but no salt!). Cook according to the cooking instructions on your package, mine need 7 minutes.
- When the lentils are done add the cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Separate the smoked fish into big chunks and arrange on plates together with the lentils. Sprinkle with the horseradish and chives.