If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've always been a fan of potato soup. Here is my version. —Jason
cup onion, finely diced
cups whole milk
cups potatoes, peeled, diced in 1/2-inch cubes
2 ounces of each of the following, shredded: Cheddar, Mozzarella, Colby Jack, Provolone, Parmesan
- (All cooking is done on medium heat)
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon to paper towel; leave grease in pan. Crumble bacon and save for later.
- Add butter to pan; deglaze, scraping all bits of bacon off bottom with a spatula.
- Add onions to butter/grease; cook 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until brown (caramelized)
- Remove onions. but leave grease.
- Add flour, cook 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add one cup of milk; deglaze.
- Add remaining milk, cooked onions, crumbled bacon, and salt. Stir.
- Add potatoes, stirring occasionally until potatoes are fork-tender, approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Whisk soup to desired consistency (I like mine creamy).
- Add cheeses, and salt/pepper to taste.