If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The first time I went in a pizzeria in the UK, I remember this chili oil to season my pizza. It was amazing and gave the pizza a spicy kick! This is my take on recreating it. —miche
Makes 750 ml
- 750 milliliters Extra virgin olive oil (medium quality)
- 4 tablespoons Crushed dry chili
- 20-30 Whole dry chilies
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 4-6 peppercorns
- Stuff whole peppers into the preserving bottle. Drop in a teaspoon of dried rosemary, a teaspoon of sea salt, a and a few peppercorns. Pour olive oil into the bottle, filling until about an inch from the top.
- Now, put the bottle in a dry, cool and dark place. Once a week give the bottle a shake and after a few weeks, the oil will change to slightly reddish color. It takes about a month to achieve the desirable hotness.
- Tip Use an empty white wine bottle.
More Great Recipes: