If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Turn hard, fibrous kale greens into sensual, silky leaves drenched in vibrant flavors! —Lisa Van Smith
- 1 large bunches kale, torn into small pieces
- 1/8 cup high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup citrus flavored vinegar (blood orange)
- 2 avocadoes, chopped
- 1/2 bunch chopped cilantro
- 2 jalepenos, seeded and chopped
- 3 tangerines, 2 chopped roughly and 1 juiced
- 1/2 cup pepitas or sunflower seeds
- 1 1/2 cups prepared black beans
- 2-3 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
- 1 bunch green onions chopped, white and green parts
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Shred kale into palm sized pieces into a large bowl. Discard the hard, fibrous ribs and stalks. Splash with the olive oil and gently massage the kale until the pieces become soft and slightly darker in color. The overall mass of the kale will decrease greatly.
- 2. Add salt, pepper, vinegar, cilantro, tangerine juice and garlic and toss until all of the greens are drenched in the liquid and aromatics.
- 3. Incorporate the rest of the chopped ingredients, seeds and black beans, stirring until everything is incorporated. Chill until serving!