If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When I'm home alone, cooking never seems as exciting. Pasta is a fast solution, and this sauce is delicious. It's easy to prepare for one or more. Because we don't eat wheat, I mention using rice or gluten free pasta. Of course, the sauce is just as good on wheat-based pasta. The shrimp are optional, and can be substituted with chicken for a protein alternative. —Holly
- 1/2 packet Gluten free or rice pasta
- handfuls Small shrimp
- 4 ounces Soft goat cheese
- 6 Mushrooms
- 3 Sun dried tomatoes
- handfuls Pine nuts
- 1 pinch Red pepper flakes
- 1 Clove garlic
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 4 sprigs Fresh basil
- Boil salted water for the pasta. Set timer and monitor the pasta during the preparation of the sauce. Strain when finished, and drizzle with olive oil.
- For the sauce: saute the garlic in olive oil. Add shrimp (or chicken, if you prefer), salting to taste. Add sliced mushrooms.
- Add goat cheese, stirring gently until melted. Add water if needed to create more of a sauce (you can also use cream or milk, but I don't consume non-goat dairy).
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes on top of the sauce, then add sun dried tomatoes and pepper, if desired. Add basil last, mixing well before serving on top of pasta. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Home Alone Dinner