If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This sweet, chewy and delicious fruit leather is a perfect pre-workout snack or any-time treat. It showcases Kale in its most nutritious and nutrient-dense form; raw. A dehydrator is necessary for this recipe, which preserves the enzymes, nutrients, and proteins of the kale by keeping the temperature below 115 degrees. Blend in raspberries, bananas and dates for sweetness, texture and flavour, and we have the most simple, nutritious and yummy fruit roll ups ever. And did I mention guilt-free? —AmandaHeather
- 1 bunch Dinosaur Kale
- 6 Medium - Large Bananas
- 1 quart Fresh Raspberries
- 15 Small Fresh Dates, Pitted
- 1 cup Water
- 1. Put all ingredients in a Vitamix or other high-speed blender. If using a standard blender, blend in small batches until fully pureed.
- 2. Pour mixture over 4 teflex - lined dehydrator trays (from an Excalibur Dehydrator). Spread mixture thinly to the edges of the trays with a spatula, aiming for a thickness of roughly 1/8 of an inch.
- 3. Dehydrate at 105 degrees overnight, or for at least 10 hours. When the fruit leather is fully dehydrated, it will peel off the teflex easily.
- 4. Prepare: Cut each of the 4 large squares in half with scissors. Roll up each piece into a roll-up for presentation, tying with kitchen twine if desired. Pack in school lunches or take on-the-go. Store in an air-tight container; keeps for several months.