If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Hibiscus, Ginger, and Orange in a Tasty Soda —HomemadeSodaExpert
Makes: 1 gallon
Invert Sugar Syrup
tablespoon Lemon Juice
Steeped Flavor Base
cup Dried Hibiscus Flowers
teaspoon Ground Ginger
Orange, zested and juiced
liters Seltzer Water or Club Soda
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, lemon juice and 1 cup water.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Using a candy thermometer, see that the mixture reaches 240°F.
- In a separate medium saucepan, bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add the hibiscus, orange zest and ginger.
- Cover and allow to steep for 30-40 minutes.
- Once the steeped flavor base has cooled, strain out the particulates and add the liquid and the orange juice to the invert sugar syrup. Mix well.
- Add 2 oz (1/4 cup) syrup to 6 oz (3/4 cup) carbonated water and mix gently for a finished soda.