If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For those of you who can't stomach dark leafy greens, this is a tasty alternative. —katie cooper
Serves 4 to 6
- 4 cups slightly packed winter greens, more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 lemons
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup clamato juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 7 ounces vodka
- 1-2 tablespoons celery salt
- In a medium sauce pan, add washed dark leafy greens, red pepper flakes, 4 Tbs lemon juice, and 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil and then turn heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Strain liquid and set aside to cool.
- In a pitcher add cooled dark leafy greens infusion, clamato juice, vodka and salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Moisten rim of rocks glass with a lemon wedge and dip into celery salt. Pour into prepared glasses and garnish with greens and lemon wedge.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dark, Leafy Greens
More Great Recipes: