If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a lighter update to one of my favorite family recipes, my Nanny’s Sausage & Egg Pie. To lighten it up a little, I’m using turkey sausage and have scrapped the piecrust. It’s a great way to use some of those hardboiled eggs sitting in the fridge. This new rendition proved to be a hit, even with the kids. —eat-drink-garden
- 6 hardboiled eggs, thinly sliced
- 6 raw eggs
- 1 pound turkey sausage, in casings
- 1 bottle of beer
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- First, cook your sausage. Prick each sausage with a knife three times. Place in saucepan on medium-high heat and pour in the bottle of beer.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook until beer evaporates, about 20 minutes. After sausage is cooked, slice into coins and about 1/4? thick.
- To prevent sticking, butter a 8 x 8 casserole. Layer sliced hard boiled eggs, sliced sausage and sliced mozzarella and continue to build about three layers.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk the raw eggs and Dijon with a fork. Pour over the layers and top with the Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.