If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The perfect way to start your day! These muffins are made solely from almond and coconut flour and are natural sweetened with ripe mashed bananas and just a 1/4 cup of honey. In addition, powerful chia seeds have been added to up the nutritional value even more!
*these muffins are also dairy free for anyone with allergy restrictions —Andie
Makes 8-9 muffins
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp. Coconut Flour
- 1 cup Almond Meal (trader joes brand is good)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp. Almond Flour
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
Wet Ingredients (make sure these are at room temp!)
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk (original or vanilla light preferred)
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Honey (raw is preferred)
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease 2 large muffin pans or full with large paper liners (this recipe makes 8-9 muffins so have that many tins greased or lined).
- Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl mash the bananas and then add the rest of the ingredients whisking until well combined. If using raw honey the consistency can sometime be hard to blend so consider zapping it in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until combined.
- Using a nice cream scoop, put a slightly heaping scoop of batter into each muffin tin.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until edges begin to brown and top springs back when touched. Note: If you cannot find almond meal just use almond almond flour (they have slightly different consistency but it will still work)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe