If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Looking for a perfect snack?? Well, here it is…Candied Pepitas. They’re so easy to make and they’re perfect for a party or just to munch on.
After looking through several recipes, I wasn’t quite sold on any of them because some had too much sugar and some had crazy steps. I wanted to keep it simple and keep the sugar on the low side. So here’s the mess i make’s version of Candied Pepitas. —themessimake.com
Serves: a crowd
cup salted pepitas
cup brown sugar
teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Coat the pepitas in egg white.
- Mix in brown sugar, nutmeg and cayenne pepper.
- Lay them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Roast then in the oven for about 10 minutes or until they’re golden brown. They will be kinda soft and gooey when you first remove them from the oven, but don’t worry, they’re crisp up as they cool.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe