If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This roast chicken is great the day of, or as leftovers in salads, stirfries, or a chicken pot pie. —Lauren Broidy
bulb of garlic
yukon gold potatoes, large dice
bunch of thyme
tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Clean your chicken of the giblets and pinfeather. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Slice one of the onions and largely the potatoes and place at the bottom of the roasting pan. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Quarter the lemon and the other onion and place inside the chicken. Slice the garlic bulb, skin on, crosswise and put in the cavity of the chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil and the thyme leaves. Rub all over the chicken. Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 1 1/2 hours, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the oven and cook the vegetables for another 10-15 minutes. Allow the chicken to rest for 20 minutes before carving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken