If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 8-10 cipollini onions, whole
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 8 small carrots, cut in half
- 2 handfuls sugar snap peas
- 1 cup sweet peas
- 1+2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup white vine
- 2 tablespoons cognac
- 3 stems fresh thyme
- Season chicken drumsticks with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/180 C.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan. Brown the meat very quickly over a high heat. Place the meat in a nonstick, ovenproof pot.
- Saute the vegetables in the same pan for 5 minutes or just until slightly brown, over a high heat. Be sure not to discard the meat fat and browned bits from the pan, scrape them up with a wooden spoon for richer flavor. Season with salt and pepper and place the vegetables over the meat.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp olive oil and butter in your pan, add the flour and cook it for a minute or two (stirring constantly) to get rid of the lumps. Then add vine, cognac and thyme and bring to a simmer. Pour it over the meat and vegetables.
- Place the pot with the lid on in the heated oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and broil for a few minutes, just until golden brown.
- You can mash some potatoes, like I did, mashed potatoes tastes great with this sticky, flavor rich chicken. Or if you want to upgrade the dish a bit, cook some polenta with butter.
- It’s actually kind of classic chicken stew with a vine and cognac kick to it. You should definitely try this one, it tastes great!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken