Author Notes: I'm a sucker for anything that's a balance of spicy and sweet. I stirred red curry paste into some ground chicken and threw the patties onto the grill (all of this could also be done in a grill pan!). At the same time, I grilled some thick slices of juicy pineapple, as well as some pleasantly pungent red onions. Curry chicken burgers wouldn’t be complete without a special sauce, so I jazzed up some mayonnaise with lime juice and zest, which added a tangy creaminess to the sandwiches. —foxeslovelemons
Juice and zest of 1/2 lime
pound ground chicken
tablespoons red curry paste
medium red onion, peeled and sliced into 4 thick slices
fresh pineapple, cored and sliced into 1-inch thick slices
Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. In small bowl, stir together lime juice and zest, and mayonnaise. In medium bowl, combine chicken and curry paste. Form into 4 patties, making sure not to over-work the meat mixture.
- Spray both sides of chicken patties, onion and pineapple with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer patties, onion and pineapple to hot grill rack. Cook onion and pineapple for 4 to 6 minutes or until dark grill marks appear, turning once; transfer onion and pineapple to plate as they finish cooking. Cook burgers for 6 to 8 minutes, or until internal temperature of 165 degrees F is reached, turning once.
- Assemble burgers using hamburger buns, chicken patties, grilled onion and pineapple, and lime mayonnaise.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Burger Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken