If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Even though I haven’t yet visited India, this sandwich is made with tandoori chicken. Is this authentic? Well, my marinade is adapted from a well-loved (by me) Food Network Magazine recipe, so you do the math. However, I can guarantee you that the chicken is super tender and seasoned in good stuff like fresh ginger, tomato paste, hot paprika and garlic. Wrapped up in a soft flatbread with some cilantro-flecked Greek yogurt and crunchy veggies, this flavor-packed tandoori chicken wrap that brings Indian street food to your home dinner table. —foxeslovelemons
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 (3-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, roughly chopped, plus 1/4 of the onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons hot paprika, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 whole wheat flatbread wraps
- 4 large pieces Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- In blender or food processor, process garlic, ginger, chopped onion, 2 tablespoons yogurt, oil, tomato paste, 1-3/4 teaspoons paprika, coriander and cumin until it forms a mostly smooth paste (there will be a few chunks, that’s OK). Place chicken in large zip-top bag; pour marinade over chicken. Seal bag and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Place chicken on rimmed baking pan and bake 18 to 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F, turning once. Transfer chicken to cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Slice chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together cilantro, salt, and remaining 1/2 cup yogurt and 1/4 teaspoon paprika.
- Build wraps using flatbread, lettuce, tomatoes, sliced onion, chicken and yogurt mixture.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken