If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For this recipe, I made a lean ground chicken sloppy joe and flavored it up with smoky ancho chile powder, tangy tomato paste and umami-laden Worcestershire. Then, boom! I stuffed it in a potato! —foxeslovelemons
- 4 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1-1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Lazy Cook’s Baked Potato: Use fork to poke several holes in each potato. Microwave potatoes on high 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. (Alternatively, if you’re non-lazy, potatoes can be baked in oven).
- Meanwhile, heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, bell pepper and onion; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, breaking up chicken with side of spoon. Reduce heat to medium; add tomato sauce, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, chile powder and black pepper. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Slice off small portion of top of each potato. Use small spoon to scoop out some of potato flesh. Spoon sloppy joe mixture into potatoes (Or, split each potato in half and top with sloppy joe mixture). Serve garnished with sour cream and chives.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken