Author Notes: For this recipe, I made a lean ground chicken sloppy joe and flavored it up with smoky ancho chile powder, tangy tomato paste and umami-laden Worcestershire. Then, boom! I stuffed it in a potato! —foxeslovelemons
medium russet potatoes, scrubbed
pound ground chicken
green bell pepper, chopped
small red onion, chopped
ounces tomato sauce
tablespoons tomato paste
tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
teaspoons ancho chile powder
teaspoon ground black pepper
Sour cream, for garnish
Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Lazy Cook’s Baked Potato: Use fork to poke several holes in each potato. Microwave potatoes on high 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. (Alternatively, if you’re non-lazy, potatoes can be baked in oven).
- Meanwhile, heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, bell pepper and onion; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through, breaking up chicken with side of spoon. Reduce heat to medium; add tomato sauce, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, chile powder and black pepper. Simmer 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Slice off small portion of top of each potato. Use small spoon to scoop out some of potato flesh. Spoon sloppy joe mixture into potatoes (Or, split each potato in half and top with sloppy joe mixture). Serve garnished with sour cream and chives.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken