If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A play on a traditional roux, this frosting is made with a flour & milk thickening. Once you make it, you'll never want to make another kind of buttercream. —Jennifer
Makes: 24 cupcakes
tablespoons Flour, sifted
cup Heavy cream
cups Superfine sugar, sifted
Vanilla or vanilla bean
cup Milk, full-fat
- Heat milk and heavy cream in a medium-sized sauce pan over medium head.
- Whisk in flour. Keep whisking vigorously until mixture is very thick. 5-10 minutes. Mixture should be a smoothe and lump-free paste.
- Cover pot loosely with plastic wrap and put in fridge for at lest 20 minutes, or until cooled.
- With an electric mixer (it is best to use a stand mixer if you have one) beat the margarine, butter, and sugar for 20 minutes on a medium-high speed. It's very important to cream this long.
- Add in milk & flour thickening. Beat the mixture on medium-high for another 15 minutes.
- Add in vanilla (I usually use about a tbs) and beat for another minute.
More Great Recipes: