If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A beautiful, multi-layered sandwich that can be made in the morning and enjoyed with drinks in the evening! —olive
- 1 loaf good country bread
- 1 pint or so giardinera, chopped
- 1/2 pint mixed chopped olives
- handful fresh basil leaves
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound Italian salami
- 1/2 pound Mortadella
- 3/4 pounds provolone
- Carefully cut lid of the top of your bread. Scoop out the innards (and save for bead crumbs). Begin layering process, start with your giardinera, olives, drizzle with olive oil. season with salt and pepper, layer in your meats and cheese, sprinkling chopped basil over each. Repeat until bread is filled. (the amount of ingredients really depend on the size of your bread- you can always buy a bit more than you think you need)
- Lid back on. Wrap sandwich in wax paper then a few sheets of aluminum foil. Weight down with bricks, a cast iron pan…whatever you have lying around.
- Upwrap 6-7 hours later to a beautiful sandwich! Perfect for a picnic, drinks, sitting in the back yard, a potluck, or just a night that you were dying for an amazing sandwich.
More Great Recipes: