If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Old Chinese family recipe frequently brought to lanai parties, pot-lucks and of course University of Hawaii Rainbows tail-gate parties! Serve with rice, beer, mai tais and pineapple daiquiris. —Arthur Ling
Makes about 48 wings & drummettes and about 20 ribs
- 4.5 to 5 pounds pack of chicken wings
- 3 pounds Pork back ribs
- 1 cup frozen pineapple-orange juice concentrate, defrosted 1 small can undiluted
- 1 cup Soy sauce, I use Kikkoman brand
- 1/2 cup Creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh ginger root
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple (1 can)
- 1/2 cup rough chopped cilantro
- Cut off wingtips, and discard; cut wings in half at joint. Separate/cut the ribs along a 2 or 3 rib spacing. Distribute wings and ribs in gallon-sized heavy-duty zip-top plastic bags.
- Make marinade: Stir together juice concentrate and next 6 ingredients. Reserve 3/4 cup marinade for a dip. Pour remaining mixture evenly over wings and ribs; seal, shake and refrigerate (overnight) 8-12 hours, turning twice.
- Bake: Preheat the oven to 425 degF. Adjust the racks to about 8 inches from top. Remove wings and ribs from marinade and let rest at room temp for 30 minutes. Place meat on racks in shallow aluminum foil lined roasting pans.
- Put pans into the upper oven space. Bake at 425 for 10 minutes. Then, turn oven temp down to 375degF. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until done. Remove to serving platter and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Microwave reserved 3/4 cup sauce in a 4 cup glass cup/bowl at HIGH 2 minutes or until boiling, stirring once. Serve as a dip with wings and ribs.
- Sprinkle the chopped pineapple, cilantro and crushed peanuts over the ribs and wings. Serve with beer or mai tais / pineapple daiquiris with cocktail umbrellas.