If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've finally managed to get spelt muffins light and fluffy! The use of coconut oil and fruit sugar make these healthy as well as moist. It was a lovely surprise, as usual attempts at delicious AND healthy baking never seem to work out. One could make these wheat- free and dairy-free muffins also Vegan by using chia seeds in place of egg; I've read somewhere you can make some sort of chia 'egg' binder. —Becky Gilhespie
Makes 12 medium sized muffins
- 2 tablespoons Coconut oil, melted
- 1 Egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup Light Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Large banana, mashed
- 1 cup Spelt flour
- 1/3 cup fruit sugar or other NATURAL sugar substitute (I used Fruisana. Stevia/Truvia would also work nicely. Change quantities as necessary for product. 1/3 Fruisana = 1 cup normal sugar)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut , plus more for sprinkling on top
- pinch salt
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the wet ingredients. Add the flour, sugar baking powder, cinnamon and coconut to the wet ingredients and fold together until mixed. Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon into medium sized muffin tins (1st greased with more coconut oil). Sprinkle more coconut on top of each muffin
- Bake in a 180c/375f oven for 15-18 mins or until a toothpick comes out dry when inserted.