If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Your crockpot does all the heavy lifting. You get to come home from work to juicy, tender chicken wings. Pop them under the broiler and you've got dinner. http://www.my1stwordwaschocolate... —Elizabeth Becker
tablespoon Tony Chachere's Original Creole Seasoning
teaspoons vegetable oil
Yukon gold potatoes, medium-sized
cup Barbecue Sauce
nonstick cooking spray
- Spray the inside of your crockpot/slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Cut the whole wings into drumettes, wings, and set aside the tips/nubs (I freeze mine for stock).
- Slice Yukon gold potatoes crosswise into 2 inch tall circles. Place the potatoes on the bottom of the slow cooker. This elevates the chicken wings out of the juice that will accumulate. Drizzle potatoes with one teaspoon of vegetable oil and a pinch of kosher salt.
- In a medium bowl, sprinkle the wings with Tony Chachere's and one teaspoon of vegetable oil. Stir to coat each wing. Place in crockpot and cook on low for 9 hours.
- Once the wings are cooked, preheat broiler on high for 5 minutes. Place cooked wings on an elevated rack on a foil lined baking sheet. Apply barbecue sauce to each wing.
- Broil for 4 minutes, flip wings, apply barbecue sauce to other side, and broil for another 4 minutes.
- If you double the recipe, do not crowd the wings under the broiler. You may need to do them in two batches to get proper browning. Potatoes can be crisped under the broiler, or in a dry skillet. Serve hot with additional barbecue sauce.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken