Author Notes: My mom and I started calling this chicken "Delicious Chicken" soon after we made it for the first time. The chicken highlights the best of summer tomatoes and basil, and it all blends together in a delicious cream sauce.
I will literally eat this sauce right out of the pan; the chicken drippings, broth, and cream cheese work so well together and magically create an amazing sauce with only three ingredients.
The tomatoes and basil add freshness and brighten up what could be a heavy dish. And the tomatoes are so good softly cooked in the sauce. They melt into puddles of tomato heaven. —Abby @ Happy Food Happy Home
boneless skinless chicken breasts
tablespoons olive oil
ounces cream cheese
cup chicken broth
salt and pepper
cup cherry tomatoes
handful fresh basil leaves
- Over medium heat add oil in high sided skillet or dutch oven.
- Pound chicken until about a quarter inch thick. Mix together flour, pepper, and salt on a plate. Dredge chicken until lightly coated in flour. Add chicken to hot pan and cook until both sides are golden brown, and the chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken to plate.
- Add chicken broth to skillet and stir with a wooden spoon to scrape the delicious chicken bits off the bottom. Add cream cheese and stir occasionally until melted.
- Cut tomatoes into quarters and julienne the basil into pretty strips.
- Put the chicken back into the sauce and turn to coat. You can add the tomatoes and basil in and cook for approx five minutes until the tomatoes have softened slightly. OR you can plate the chicken and add the tomatoes and basil as garnish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken